Moving and securing wheelchairs in a vehicle
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is for anyone who moves, positions and secures people and wheelchairs in vehicles in Residential, Nursing or Domiciliary care settings or their managers.
Suitable for anyone who is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of people in their care when being transported in vehicles, using appropriate equipment, lifting aids, hoists and restraints.
Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced carer looking to refresh your skills, we'll ensure the course is suitable, useful and rewarding.
Book This Course
Speak to Adrian today to find out how we can help your business.01534 744710 Enquire Online
You will receive formal training and assessment in safe and efficient moving and positioning of a person in a wheel chair into a vehicle. Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Apply risk assessment principles to the task
- Show an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Law 1989 & other current relevant legislation
- Patient care and communication
- Carry out a pre-use inspection, daily checks and routine maintenance
- Utilise mechanical aids safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and accepted good practice
- Demonstrate practical moving and handling techniques using appropriate equipment
- Show an understanding and recognition of the associated injuries to yourself and the person in your care
- Operate safely under varying site conditions
This course meets the statutory requirements of the relevant legislation, whether local or UK, and other relevant statutory provisions and approved Codes of Practice.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and on-going practical assessments.
This courses can normally accommodate up to 6 candidates depending on the level of experience, their understanding of Patient care, communication and aptitude to operating any manual handling aids.
As with all of our courses, we ask if the candidates can read and understand English. We can provide a translator for the entire course or just for the theory if necessary, but there is an extra charge and we need to know this at the booking stage.
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATION
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a 4safety certificate.
Novice: 5 hours
Re-certification: 3 hours
At the customer's premises with the use of the customer's vehicle and wheelchair or at 4safety, Home Farm, Rue de Grouville, Jersey, JE3 9HP.
Novice from £115+GST
Re-certification - call to discuss
None of these dates suit you? Contact us today with any custom requirement you may have.